Saturday 24 May 2014

Sally and the kids arrive in Athens

Sally, William and Summer arrived in Athens the following day. I drove the 5 hours trip to Athens to collect them and left Ken and Brian on the boat. We felt there was no need to pay 70 euros a night in the marina, a good walk from town, so the boys moved the boat onto the wall where mooring is free and literally right in the centre of the action. The marina was a little surprised to see the boat being moved without having been paid but I did get them sorted the following morning.

It was so good to see Sal and the kids, it felt like a lifetime since I’d seen them. They were not as bedraggled as I’d expected given the length of flight and the all the issues Sal had had to deal with while I was away. I haven’t mentioned that my wallet was missing when I arrived in Athens two weeks earlier  (a new phenomenon when flying these days is theft from the overhead lockers whist asleep) or the fact that all our original documents and passports were in the UK whilst applying for British passports right up until three days before Sal left Australia… I’ll just leave you to imagine how big a hassle all that would be and I won’t mention it again!

Thankfully Ken and Brian had agreed to hang around to show Sally her role in crewing the boat…


No comments:

Post a Comment